Although youtube is awash with help and how to videos on how to change car brake pads a little guide here on my big blog is something which I thought to write. So here is a step by step guide on how to swap out your old, knackered brake pads.
Firstly you will need a basic tool kit containing a jack, a socket set, some spanners and a screwdriver (preferably a large screwdriver)
Once you have all these tools, you will then need to acquire some new brake pads from your local parts shop.
1. Remove wheel and jack up the car
2. Locate top nut on brake caliper and release
3. Release brake pipe bracket/ clamp
4. Drop caliper down and take out the old pads
5. Open bonnet and remove lid from brake fluid reservoir
6. Push piston back into brake caliper housing
7. Fit new pads
8. Do up top bolt and brake pipe bracket
9. Refit wheels
10. Repeat on other side…
Easy as that and this little job could save you a few quid too.